posts displayed by tag
The oils found in avocados are great for nourishing, hydrating and softening the skin. They can help soothe the skin by fighting against stress and reducing the appearance of wrinkles. A DIY face mask is the perfect way to get the best benefits from the avocado.
- Mash a small ripe avocado or half a large ripe avocado
- Add a tablespoon or honey and mix
- Spread the mixture on clean skin
- After 15-20 minutes wash it off with warm water
Do this twice a week for clearer and smoother skin.
Avocados contain vitamins B and E which can help combat dry hair, hair loss and a flakey scalp. You can apply an avo hair mask every week to maintain gorgeous healthy hair.
- Mash a large ripe avocado
- Add a tablespoon of yogurt
- Mix these together and apply from the roots to the tips of hair
- Leave this mask on for 30 minutes
- Wash the mixture out and shampoo as usual
Avocados have loads of magnesium in them, which helps to naturally reduce stress. They also help to sleep better so it’s great to add them to your salad or on your toast next time you’re feeling stressed out!
When you eat avocados you end up feeling fuller for longer. This is because they have a lot of fibre in them compared to other fruits and fibre is great for cleaning out your digestive system. Signals are also sent to the brain to decrease cravings.
Your brain needs healthy fats to focus properly and avocados are the perfect source! Your blood sugar can stay well maintained, which helps to focus throughout the day.
Whether you’ve got dry and dull hair or want that sleek and shiny feeling, we’ve got a fab range of DIY hair masks for you to try out!
Avocado, Honey & Olive Oil
The fat from avocados helps to moisturise the hair and scalp. It’s a great source of protein, amino acids and vitamins, which helps to keep hair strong and healthy. The olive oil is very hydrating and helps to protect hair from becoming damaged. This is good if you use heat on your hair regularly. Honey is great for hair strengthening and locking in vitamins and moisture too.
Mash 1 ripe avocado. Mix with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of honey. (Recipe for shoulder length hair)
Spread the mask onto damp hair for 30 minutes, then wash off.
Coconut oil is amazing for so many things! It nourishes the hair to make it grow faster and thicker. If you have dry and damaged hair, definitely apply coconut oil to your hair and keep it in overnight. Use a few tablespoons of coconut oil depending on how long or thick your hair is. Apply to damp hair and keep it in for at least 30 minutes – the longer, the better!
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps to exfoliate the dry and dead skin cells from the scalp, whilst removing residue and also boosting shine! If you use hair products such as hair spray, gel, mousse and dry shampoo, there can be small residues of product build up left on your scalp. The vinegar is perfect for getting rid of this build up, however if you have dry and damaged hair it’s best to avoid using the vinegar in case it dries out the hair further.
Mix half a cup of Apple Cider Vinegar with 1 cup of warm water. You can pour this into a spray bottle or old shampoo bottle and apply to damp hair. After 5 minutes, rinse it out with warm water and condition the hair.
Egg and Banana
This mask is perfect for dry hair. Not only will the egg nourish the hair with protein, but combined with the banana, it will hydrate and add moisture to the hair and scalp.
Mash 1 banana and mix it with 1 egg. Apply to damp hair for 30 minutes, then wash off
Egg and Castor Oil
Castor oil is amazing for hair growth and combined with the egg, it nourishes the hair and scalp and also prevents balding.
Beat 2 eggs and add 1 tablespoon of castor oil. Apply this to your scalp and hair for a least 30 minutes, then rinse off. Don’t use any conditioner after.
Your wedding will be the best day of your life – everyone knows you want it to be perfect! With all the stress about needing caramel coloured tablecloths and NOT just any old beige, you might forget to take care of your skin. If this sounds like you, start the below steps now and if you follow them religiously for at least 30 days leading up to the wedding day, you’re guaranteed to glow!
Follow the steps below to get flawless wedding day skin in just 30 days
1. Hydrate. Skin is the largest organ on the body and without sufficient water intake your organs won’t function properly or at their best. Drink 2-3 litres of water everyday to flush your body of toxins and improve skin radiance.
2. Green Juice. Make a fresh green juice everyday for breakfast to get in those vital vitamins and nutrients. Pack in as many veggies as possible for clear skin. You can keep it to vegetables only or add a piece of fruit for some sweetness. You’ll feel healthier overall with increased energy to focus on annoying tasks like chasing RSVPS for the umpteenth time!
3. Exfoliate. You should exfoliate 3-4 times a week to get rid of dead and dry skin cells. It also increases blood circulation in the skin, which helps to achieve healthy and glowing skin.
4. Face Mask. Use a face mask once a week for a deep cleanse to get rid of any makeup, dirt, oil, bacteria and dry skin cells. Choose a mask based on your skin type. Clay masks are great for oily skin to extract excess oil and tighten pores. Hydrating masks are perfect for dry skin. Use this time to relax and switch off from wedding stress.
5. Night Serum. Invest in a good night serum and apply every night before sleeping once you have cleansed your face. Once you find a preferred night serum you will fall in love again and notice better complexion and texture of skin, fewer breakouts and less shininess.
My ultimate fave night serum has got to be Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. Synchronized Recovery Complex II
6. Sleep. Make sure you’re getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night. Lack of sleep can worsen existing skin problems such as acne by causing an increase of inflammation. During sleep your body’s hydration rebalances so lack of sleep can create puffy eyes, dark circles and wrinkles.
Follow these 6 steps at least 30 days before your big day. The earlier you begin the routine the better!