posts displayed by category
Your wedding will be the best day of your life – everyone knows you want it to be perfect! With all the stress about needing caramel coloured tablecloths and NOT just any old beige, you might forget to take care of your skin. If this sounds like you, start the below steps now and if you follow them religiously for at least 30 days leading up to the wedding day, you’re guaranteed to glow!
Follow the steps below to get flawless wedding day skin in just 30 days
1. Hydrate. Skin is the largest organ on the body and without sufficient water intake your organs won’t function properly or at their best. Drink 2-3 litres of water everyday to flush your body of toxins and improve skin radiance.
2. Green Juice. Make a fresh green juice everyday for breakfast to get in those vital vitamins and nutrients. Pack in as many veggies as possible for clear skin. You can keep it to vegetables only or add a piece of fruit for some sweetness. You’ll feel healthier overall with increased energy to focus on annoying tasks like chasing RSVPS for the umpteenth time!
3. Exfoliate. You should exfoliate 3-4 times a week to get rid of dead and dry skin cells. It also increases blood circulation in the skin, which helps to achieve healthy and glowing skin.
4. Face Mask. Use a face mask once a week for a deep cleanse to get rid of any makeup, dirt, oil, bacteria and dry skin cells. Choose a mask based on your skin type. Clay masks are great for oily skin to extract excess oil and tighten pores. Hydrating masks are perfect for dry skin. Use this time to relax and switch off from wedding stress.
5. Night Serum. Invest in a good night serum and apply every night before sleeping once you have cleansed your face. Once you find a preferred night serum you will fall in love again and notice better complexion and texture of skin, fewer breakouts and less shininess.
My ultimate fave night serum has got to be Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. Synchronized Recovery Complex II
6. Sleep. Make sure you’re getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night. Lack of sleep can worsen existing skin problems such as acne by causing an increase of inflammation. During sleep your body’s hydration rebalances so lack of sleep can create puffy eyes, dark circles and wrinkles.
Follow these 6 steps at least 30 days before your big day. The earlier you begin the routine the better!
Ladies we live in the 21st century – the days where a man only had a toothbrush and a bottle of aftershave on his bathroom shelf is long gone! They have been replaced by just as many creams, makeup and facial routines as women, and why not? It’s important for a man to take pride in his appearance and especially on his wedding day. For those of you who are still living in the Indian Stone Age, here’s a quick guide on how to groom yourself.
Exercising is one of the first methods you can try if you are not into all the skin regimes. Brisk walking or joining a gym for light exercise can really make a difference. It will make you feel refreshed, energised and this will definitely show in your appearance. It will also help get rid of extra baggage you might be carrying!
Drinking plenty of water is also essential. This will rid you of any impurities and clear your complexion. Facials are also another method of revitalising your skin. Men don’t be afraid to search the internet to gain tips on healthy skin. Having a facial is proven to remove dead skin and dirt (but make sure you don’t go for the first time on the week of your wedding as your impurities can surface your skin). The beauty centre you visit can also provide information about skin care regimes. Using a cleanser, toner and moisturiser is the simplest method to wake up your skin. Shaving is also key in looking refreshed; shaving in the direction your hair grows is imperative. This prevents irritation. Remember to moisturise after! Asian men have to move into the 21st century to support their brides.
When planning your Asian wedding, one of the hardest decisions to make is when you have to pick a bridal makeup artist. This person is entrusted to make you look like a Goddess on your big day so it is a critical decision which you need to get right.
Often women complain of looking like an overworked ghost on their wedding day due to the use of heavy makeup. This is something which will cause you extra stress and ruin the pictures of your big day. When planning your wedding makeup, you need to find someone who uses the right shades to compliment your wedding dress and even your personality. One key point is not leaving your wedding makeup till the last day; make sure you book a trial with your listed asian bridal makeup artist so you can discuss the colour scheme and overall look that you want.
But before you decide on a trial with this person, what characteristics must you look for from your Asian Bridal Make-Up Artist?
Location has to be the first issue considered. You want to ideally find someone who is local to you or at least in the same County, if the person lives a great distance from you, communication maybe a problem. Find out from the makeup artist whether there is likely to be any additional charges as a result of the distance between you so that you can have an idea of the overall cost.
You need to find someone with a professional image, check if the bridal makeup artist has their own website and check testimonials from previous clients. On the website you should also be able to see their previous work and see if it is the kind of look which would suit you.
After this, arrange a trail with the makeup artist and see if there is a connection between yourself and the artist. If you don’t get along with your bridal makeup artist then this will create extra tension and issues on your wedding day.
Above all else, the most important thing to do is take your time; you must never rush this decision as you will regret it in the future.
When planning the biggest day of your life and the lead up to the occasion, you can come under a huge amount of pressure and stress. This can lead to a lack of sleep and bags under your eyes on the big day. No bride wants this to be the case, so how can you prevent this from happening?
A simple method is to practice deep breathing. Even though it sounds simple, deep breathing allows the body in addition to the mind to relax and become in sync with one another. So you can put all your thoughts together and solve any last minute problems which can arise. The technique of relaxation breathing is used in both yoga and forms of martial arts. Here is a detailed guide of how to practice relaxation breathing;
• First, you must lie on your back in a quiet area
• Start by inhaling slowly through your nose. Begin to fill the lower part of your chest with air first and then move up gradually to the middle parts of your chest and lungs. This must be a slow process and should take roughly 10 seconds.
• Hold the air within your lungs for a couple of seconds.
• Then relax and easily let the air out again through your nose. This should also be a slow process so you can fully relax and not feel any pressure during the breathing exercise.
• Keep repeating this sequence until you feel fully relaxed and stress free.
• During the process you can also use your imagination to increase the feeling of pure relaxation. For example Imagine yourself to be in a peaceful sanctuary surrounded by your favourite things.
Remember this breathing exercise has already been tried and tested by many celebrities and more importantly has been around for centuries as part of a yoga exercise.
This breathing technique is one of many relaxation processes which you could use. During the coming weeks we will look at other simple techniques which will help you stay stress free on your big day.
Asian Bridal Makeup Artist
Before getting to your wedding day, it takes months of preparation to get your body and skin looking similar to that of a Goddess. After setting the date for your big day and enjoying all the celebrations following the engagement, the hard work has to begin to get you looking and feeling special.
Whether you want to lose weight or just tone up it’s time to hit the gym and get focused. It is unrealistic to think that you can lose last minute weight just two weeks before the wedding. Brides often try to starve themselves but by doing this you are ruining your appearance as you are more likely to look drained and unhealthy.
It is recommend that you should start exercising regularly six months before the big day. This will give you enough time to get your body looking the way you want and fit perfectly into your bridal wedding outfit.
So you’ve signed up to join the gym but what are the best exercises to gain that sleek and sexy look? The treadmill is always good to use. Doing a cardio workout involving a running section on the treadmill will benefit you in many ways. It will tone your legs and get rid of excess weight which you want to lose.
If you and your fiancé have decided on a beach honeymoon, brides often worry about their abs. When at the gym, use the stability ball to perform sit ups, this is one of the most effective and simple ways of toning up your stomach. Wedding planning can be hectic and you may find little time for yourself but you have to do regular exercise to get your body looking like a Goddess.
One vital point is to always drink water, this will keep your skin looking fresh and revitalised.