5 Reasons Why Avocados are Amazing for your Health· 0 comments · Beauty Care, Blog
The oils found in avocados are great for nourishing, hydrating and softening the skin. They can help soothe the skin by fighting against stress and reducing the appearance of wrinkles. A DIY face mask is the perfect way to get the best benefits from the avocado.
- Mash a small ripe avocado or half a large ripe avocado
- Add a tablespoon or honey and mix
- Spread the mixture on clean skin
- After 15-20 minutes wash it off with warm water
Do this twice a week for clearer and smoother skin.
Avocados contain vitamins B and E which can help combat dry hair, hair loss and a flakey scalp. You can apply an avo hair mask every week to maintain gorgeous healthy hair.
- Mash a large ripe avocado
- Add a tablespoon of yogurt
- Mix these together and apply from the roots to the tips of hair
- Leave this mask on for 30 minutes
- Wash the mixture out and shampoo as usual
Avocados have loads of magnesium in them, which helps to naturally reduce stress. They also help to sleep better so it’s great to add them to your salad or on your toast next time you’re feeling stressed out!
When you eat avocados you end up feeling fuller for longer. This is because they have a lot of fibre in them compared to other fruits and fibre is great for cleaning out your digestive system. Signals are also sent to the brain to decrease cravings.
Your brain needs healthy fats to focus properly and avocados are the perfect source! Your blood sugar can stay well maintained, which helps to focus throughout the day.