posts displayed by tag
It’s always great to try and test new skincare methods without spending loads of money on products that may not even suit you or even work. Using natural items also decreases the chance of irritation and bad reactions. So how about using a banana peel that you’d usually throw away? Massaging your face with a banana peel might sound strange but here are some great all-natural tips on how banana peel really can help your acne!
Banana Peel for Acne
- Wash your face with a cleanser
- Pat your face dry
- Rub the inside of the banana peel all over your face for up to 10 minutes
- Wait for another 15-20 minutes and wash your face
Banana peels have tons of antioxidants including lutein, which helps protect the skin. The fatty acids and zinc content helps to combat acne.
Banana Peel and Lemon Juice
- Cut a banana peel into smaller pieces and blend together with lemon juice (half a lemon)
- Use a cotton pad to apply the smooth mixture on your face and acne. Leave it on for 15 mintutes
- Rinse your face with warm water and pat dry.
The acidity from the lemon kills bacteria on the skin, which helps to fight acne.
Banana Peel and Turmeric
- Cut a banana peel into smaller pieces and blend together with 1 tablespoon of turmeric and 1 tablespoon of almond/olive or coconut oil
- Apply this mixture on your face and massage it into the skin for 5 minutes
- Keep the mixture on for a further 10 minutes
- Wash off with warm water and pat dry
Turmeric is anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory and when combined with the banana peel, it helps reduce the size of inflamed acne spots whilst also killing bacteria on the skin.
Banana Peel and Honey
- Cut a banana peel into smaller pieces and blend together with half a tablespoon of raw honey and 1 tablespoon of almond or coconut oil
- Apply the mixture to your skin for 15 minutes
- Wash your face with warm water and pat dry
Honey is not only anti-bacterial but also helps reduce scarring.
You can mix and match the different recipes mentioned above and do them 3-4 times a week. Let us know if you’ve ever used banana peel in your skincare routine!