In the winter and cold weather I’ve noticed my skin becomes more dry. Having dry skin in winter is very common as the air is cold and dry and therefore evaporates the moisture from your skin more quickly. This can make your skin look flakey.
Tips for dry skin in winter
- You should definitely apply a good moisturiser in the morning and evening. I love using Aveeno every night as it really locks in the moisture.
- You should also avoid have long showers or baths as the skin’s oily layer can break down and cause loss of moisture.
- Use creams and products that are not perfumed as these can irritate dry skin causing itchiness and redness.
My favourite DIY face mask for dry skin
Definitely follow the above tips but also do this face mask 2-3 times a week and your skin will feel instantly smoother and softer!
Avocado, Honey & Vitamin E Mask
The avocado will lock in moisture and soothe dry skin. The honey will add a glow to your skin whilst the vitamin E will repair and protect your skin.
- Mash half an avocado.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vitamin E oil.
- Mix well.
- Apply the mask on clean skin for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water and pat dry.
You’ll really notice a difference when you start doing this 2-3 times a week but often people notice their skin is improving straight away!