There’s a lot of medication and creams that help with acne but if there was a way to treat acne with natural and non-chemical ways then I’m up for that! Green tea contains antioxidants, anti-inflammatories and antibiotics. It’s rich in something called EGCG that has shown to improve acne and also oily skin. I’ll be discussing the ways you can use green tea below to help keep your skin clear from acne.
Green Tea and Honey
- Get some loose leaf green tea or cut the tea bag open to use the green tea leaves
- Add 3 tablespoons of hot water to the tea leaves
- Add 1 tablespoon of manuka honey
- Mix the ingredients until a paste is formed
- Apply the paste on your face and leave it on for 20-30 minutes
- Wash off with warm water
- Apply this mask 2-3 times a week
You can make a green tea toner to apply on your face every night before going to sleep. Once you have done your usual skincare routine you can apply the green tea toner.
- Brew some green tea for 1-3 minutes
- Add ice cubes to cool it down
- Once cooled you can apply the green tea to your face with a cotton pad
- Keep this on overnight or if you have sensitive skin then rinse your face with warm water after 20 minutes
Drinking Green Tea
Start drinking 1-3 cups of green tea a day and after a few weeks you will notice an improvement combined with the masks above. Drinking green tea also helps your general health so you should feel better too. Just make sure when drinking or using the above masks that you buy pure green tea and none that contain added flavours or sugar.