With everyone in the UK and many other countries now practising social distancing and staying indoors due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we thought we’d create a list of positive things to do to help pass the time and actually make the most of this lockdown.
Here’s a list of things to do that you may usually not have time for:
- Clear out your wardrobe – Make sure everything’s hung up and folded away. Get rid of clothes you haven’t worn in a while. This is great for discovering clothes you may have forgotten about and also getting inspired for new outfits. Make a pile for charity or sell some items on Depop!
- Home workouts – Make sure you keep moving during this lockdown. There are so many great home workouts available on YouTube and through Facebook and Instagram Live with fantastic fitness bloggers. Joe Wicks has had an amazing response to his workouts to gets kids moving.
- Try something new like yoga and meditation – these are both known to reduce stress and help you feel calmer and less anxious during these uncertain times.
- Go out for your daily exercise. This could be for a walk, run or cycle. Make sure you are always social distancing and stay 2 metres away from anyone else who’s not from your household.
- Read a book – With all this spare time it would be great to escape into some books. Get out your kindle and download away!
- Do some gardening – with all this gorgeous sunshine try to get into the garden as much as you can. Plant some flowers or even some vegetables. Get some vitamin D while it lasts!
- Get creative – Use this time to create new content for your social media accounts or make some new makeup videos/tutorials. Do some painting. Or even make some funny TikTok videos!
- Cooking and Baking – Try out some new recipes and get the kids involved. You could even play Come Dine With Me to get everyone in the family cooking something different every night 🙂
- Puzzles – This is great for family time. Get stuck into some complicated puzzles. Try out a 500 piece puzzle and then test yourself on 1000 pieces! Spread it across a table that’s not in use everyday and keep adding to the puzzle over the next few days.
- Start a new project that you’ve always wanted to do. Whether it be starting a blog, YouTube channel, writing a book… Just go for it!