posts displayed by tag
You can’t beat natural ingredients when it comes to skincare. If you’ve got dry, dull or oily skin and need a quick skincare fix just grab a few ingredients from the kitchen – chances are you’ll have most of them anyway!
Coffee grounds are great for exfoliating and getting rid of dry skin cells, revealing fresh and energised skin. Caffeic acid found in many plants and coffee is an antioxidant that reportedly boosts collagen and helps with wrinkles too. Coffee scrubs can also help with acne by unclogging pores and getting rid of excess oil.
Recipe: Simply mix 2 tablespoons of coffee grounds with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Scrub on your face for 30 seconds then wash off with warm water.
Coconut oil can be used to help treat acne as it has components to reduce inflammation. It contains vitamin E and essential amino acids to form part of the skin’s barrier function. It keeps the skin well moisturised as it’s absorbed quickly so doesn’t leave the skin feeling too greasy.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar can be used as a toner to help with breakouts due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It’s one of the best anti-bacterial and anti-fungal ingredient. It can also help balance the skin’s PH level, which helps to dry out spots and remove dead skin cells.
Mix 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar with 2 tablespoons of water. Use a cotton pad to soak the solution and rub into the skin.
Oatmeal is great for brightening up the skin. It can soak up excess oil from the skin to help treat acne and can also help your skin stay hydrated. It’s a natural cleanser and can unclog pores and remove bacteria.
Mix a quarter cup of warm water with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil and 3 tablespoons of oatmeal. Mix until a paste is formed and apply for 15 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
Your wedding will be the best day of your life – everyone knows you want it to be perfect! With all the stress about needing caramel coloured tablecloths and NOT just any old beige, you might forget to take care of your skin. If this sounds like you, start the below steps now and if you follow them religiously for at least 30 days leading up to the wedding day, you’re guaranteed to glow!
Follow the steps below to get flawless wedding day skin in just 30 days
1. Hydrate. Skin is the largest organ on the body and without sufficient water intake your organs won’t function properly or at their best. Drink 2-3 litres of water everyday to flush your body of toxins and improve skin radiance.
2. Green Juice. Make a fresh green juice everyday for breakfast to get in those vital vitamins and nutrients. Pack in as many veggies as possible for clear skin. You can keep it to vegetables only or add a piece of fruit for some sweetness. You’ll feel healthier overall with increased energy to focus on annoying tasks like chasing RSVPS for the umpteenth time!
3. Exfoliate. You should exfoliate 3-4 times a week to get rid of dead and dry skin cells. It also increases blood circulation in the skin, which helps to achieve healthy and glowing skin.
4. Face Mask. Use a face mask once a week for a deep cleanse to get rid of any makeup, dirt, oil, bacteria and dry skin cells. Choose a mask based on your skin type. Clay masks are great for oily skin to extract excess oil and tighten pores. Hydrating masks are perfect for dry skin. Use this time to relax and switch off from wedding stress.
5. Night Serum. Invest in a good night serum and apply every night before sleeping once you have cleansed your face. Once you find a preferred night serum you will fall in love again and notice better complexion and texture of skin, fewer breakouts and less shininess.
My ultimate fave night serum has got to be Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair. Synchronized Recovery Complex II
6. Sleep. Make sure you’re getting at least 7 hours of sleep every night. Lack of sleep can worsen existing skin problems such as acne by causing an increase of inflammation. During sleep your body’s hydration rebalances so lack of sleep can create puffy eyes, dark circles and wrinkles.
Follow these 6 steps at least 30 days before your big day. The earlier you begin the routine the better!