posts displayed by tag
This course is designed for students who wish to learn and understand the latest techniques, styles and trends in Hair & Makeup and receive first hand advice on getting prepared in the industry (including Bridal, Registry and Party Looks).
Day 1 of the academy includes the following:
• Tools of the trade
• Analysing Skin Conditions
• Marketing & Customer Service Tips
• Highlighting & Contouring
• Beginners to Advanced Eye Makeup
• Practical: Skin Care (Prep & Prime)
• Practical: Foundation Application
• Practical: Highlight and Contour (with powder)
• Practical: Party / Civil Look
• Practical: Smokey & Cutcrease Look
• Practical: Blusher & Lip
Anu demonstrates some makeup looks explaining what the best tools and techniques are for makeup application. The look is then practised by the students first on themselves and then on each other.
The Final Look!
Day 2 includes the following:
• Practical: Foundation Advanced
• Practical: Highlight & Extreme Contouring (with cream)
• Practical: Reception / Bridal / Editorial Look
• Practical: Blusher & Lip
A lot of brides love having an up-do for their religious ceremonies and have their hair down for the reception. Curls are gorgeous when you have your hair down and there are so many different styles of curls you can go for.
We’ve rounded up some of our favourite curly hairstyles that look so elegant on brides.
We love braided hairstyles! They are so elegant for pre wedding events and registry weddings. A lot of brides opt for having a braided hairstyle on their mendhi night if they don’t fancy doing the traditional Punjabi paranda hairstyle. You can even add fresh flowers to your hairstyle as seen in the last image below.
See our favourite braided hairstyles below that our team have created.
So you’ve planned everything but still confused about your hair! Look no further…we’ve got you covered!
There are two types of brides – one who knows exactly what she wants and the other has a camera roll full of completely different looks with no idea! There are quite a few things to consider when choosing the perfect look so here’s a list of what we think will help you make your final decision.
1. Dupatta. Will you be wearing a dupatta on your head? This is usually required for some religious ceremonies and it’s important to have your dupatta with you especially when doing a trial or considering various hairstyles. If the dupatta is quite heavy, your hair stylist will have to consider extra hair padding to make sure the dupatta doesn’t compress the hair down too much. Usually, a bun is the go-to look whenever a bride is wearing her dupatta on her head.
2. Hair Jewellery. Are you thinking of wearing a tikka or other jewellery pieces in your hair? Your parting will depend on where these jewellery pieces are going to be placed, especially if you have a dupatta on your head too.
3. Face Shape. It’s a good idea to see what kind of hair style suits your face shape best. Before having a trial with your hair stylist or confirming your hair style choice, you can have a play around yourself. If you want an up-do, you can tie your hair in a low bun or pony and see how you like it. Then do the same but tying your hair in a mid pony/bun and then a high pony/bun. Have a think about what you prefer and your hair stylist will be able to suggest various up-do’s based on what kind of bun you want.
Low Bun – If you want a simple yet elegant look, a low bun is perfect especially for registry weddings.
Mid Bun – This is a popular option as a mid or high bun is great if you have a dupatta on your head. Mid buns look beautiful if your going for fresh flowers in your hair too.
High Bun – A high bun is great for that ‘face-lift’ effect and is perfect if your having a dupatta on your head too.
Here are some more of our fave hairstyles
All looks are created by Anu Malhi and the Anu Malhi team or students from the Anu Malhi Hair & Makeup Academy.