for January, 2020
In our previous blog post we spoke about some amazing makeup brands that are completely vegan and cruelty free! Whilst there are some fab vegan brands, there are also some brands who have amazing vegan ranges too. In this post I’ll be letting you know about some of my favourite brands to use who have vegan ranges. Make sure you double check when buying their products as they still sell makeup that is non-vegan, containing ingredients such as beeswax and other animal by-products.
Tarte have an amazing range of products in their vegan range. Make sure you click the ‘vegan’ tab under their ‘makeup’ section on their website. Some of their best sellers such as the ‘shape tape concealer’ and ‘shape tape foundation’ are vegan! They also have eyeshadow palettes, setting sprays, mascaras, primers, lipsticks, liners and powders in their vegan range so you’re not missing out on any essential products when shopping for vegan makeup!
Urban decay are another fantastic brand and their vegan range is fab too! They have a great range of foundations including their ‘stay naked’ foundation, concealers, lipsticks, blushers, bronzers, highlighters and even makeup brushes. Whilst they don’t have a vegan eyeshadow palette, there’s a lot of individual eyeshadows you can buy including glide on pencils and powders.
Anastasia Beverly Hills
Anastasia Beverly Hills are another brand we love using. Type in ‘Vegan’ on their search bar to see all their vegan products on their website. We love using their brow pencils, liquid matte lipsticks, cream contour kits and highlighter. They also have an amazing powder contour kit and highlighter kit. There’s also brow gels, hydrating oils, brow palettes and foundation sticks that are vegan too!
Too Faced are another brand we love who have a great vegan range. Make sure you go to the ‘vegan friendly’ tab on their website. Their bestseller ‘born this way foundation’ is vegan along with amazing mascaras, primers, highlighters, bronzers, blushers and concealers. They have lovely vegan makeup brushes and lipsticks too.
Have you been doing Veganuary? Or are you already vegan and wondering what makeup brands are too? Then look no further and read on to see the make up brands whose products are all completely vegan!
Firstly though, what do we mean by vegan makeup?
Vegan makeup means its products do not contain any animal products or animal by-products. An animal by-product can be an animal-derived product such as beeswax, which is collected by bees.
Vegan Makeup Brands
Milk makeup is a 100% vegan brand who are also paraben-free and cruelty-free. They also believe in using only good ingredients. They have a variety of products including their 2 in 1 lip and cheek sticks. You can buy their products on Cult Beauty
Cover FX are 100% vegan and cruelty-free. They believe in using clean ingredients that have high performance. They can also suggest what will work best for you by suggesting to mix their products to customise them to your skin needs as they say “one formula does not necessarily fit all”. You can shop the Cover FX range in a Harrods, Harvey Nichols, House of Fraser, Space NK, Beauty Bay, Feel Unique, Look Fantastic.
Elf Cosmetics are 100% vegan and cruelty-free. They are also free from parabens and sulphates. All products are reasonably priced too with lipsticks from only £2.00, foundations from only £7.50 and concealers from £3.00! They have a great variety of products so I definitely recommend trying them out. Elf Cosmetics are available to buy on the high street from Superdrugs and Boots as well as their website. They also do really good skincare.
Inika Organic sell natural makeup products and vegan brushes. They are certified organic and 100% vegan. They are also 100% halal. They not only do makeup but also skincare too. They have a great range of products and gift sets that look luxurious too. Even though they are Australian based, you can buy their products on their UK website as well as Look Fantastic, Feel Unique, ASOS and Amazon. They also do a cute trial pack, which is such a good idea at only £8.50! (As seen below).
Here are some amazing concealers that are affordable at only £10.50 and under!
I love using these concealers to colour correct and at £4.00 each they are such a bargain! I love using the orange and green colour correctors depending on people’s skin tones.
This is another concealer that is great for dark circles. There are a few shades depending on your skin tone. It’s currently on sale for £3.75 and is usually £7.50, which is a great bargain!
There’s 24 shades in this concealer which is also full coverage. A little bit of product goes a long way.
Having won so many awards, I had to try these concealers out! There are 16 shades available and work well with their foundation too.
Available in 31 shades, here’s another great full coverage concealer. It’s creamy and blends really well.
You may have noticed your skin is drier than usual now that it’s winter. This is very common as the air is cold and dry and therefore evaporates the moisture from your skin quicker. There are some moisturisers that are better to use in winter compared to warmer months. You can then switch over to a different product during the hotter months.
Below are some tried and tested products that I would recommend using during the colder months to lock in that extra moisture.
This cream is thick enough to help dry winter skin but I definitely wouldn’t use it in summer as I find it too greasy and shiny, which can also cause spots when the skin is too oily. Perfect for winter though!
Even though this cream is more pricier than others it really does feel so good when you put it on. I love using this in winter as it has a creamy texture and makes skin so soft.
I used this as a go-to for a while and it really is great for dry skin as it has a creamy texture. It’s good to put this on at night too once you’ve cleansed your face.
I really feel like Aveeno saves my dry skin. I don’t use this in the day before applying makeup but I do love using it at night. Apply a generous layer once you’ve cleansed your skin before bed. You’ll notice when you wake up that your skin feels a lot better.
This cream is great for dry skin as it retains water in the skin. I also find this cream lightweight enough to use in warmer months too as it’s not greasy. So it’s a great moisturiser for all year round!
Other tips for dry skin
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated
- Use a humidifier to add moisture into the air. This also helps with colds.
- Try some of these DIY face masks
Happy new year everyone! Hope you have a wonderful year ahead.
So have you got any new year’s resolutions this year or are you fed up of breaking them all the time that you’re not bothering this time round?
Often people decide to make drastic changes such as lose 2 stone in a month, eat no carbs, exercise everyday, drink no alcohol, etc. Sometimes these changes can be unrealistic to meet so it makes you feel worse when you don’t meet them. I’m going to be discussing ways you can be sure to stick to your new year’s resolutions to help you reach your goals and feel better.
- Choosing your resolutions – Sometimes you might have quite a few things you want to change but putting a lot of pressure on yourself will begin to backfire. Identify the most important things to focus on and try to accomplish those first. You can even split the year in two so focus on one thing for 6 months and then move on to the next later in the year depending on what it is you are trying to achieve.
- Keep resolutions realistic – By setting realistic goals it will be easier to achieve and you’ll feel so good when you reach your goal rather than feeling guilty and disappointed when you don’t reach something unrealistic.
- Set mini targets – When you set mini targets you will feel rewarded each time you meet them. This will make you feel more positive compared to just setting your main goal. For example, if you want to lose a stone you can aim to lose 1-1.5 pounds each week.
- Reward yourself – Rewards really help you to continue to your end goal but if misused can also undo all your hard work so make sure you are strict with rewards. If you want to eat healthy but your reward is a whole day worth of bingeing, then you’re just eating more than the calories you saved on all week! Instead of having a cheat day once a week, maybe have a cheat meal once a week or you could even have a small treat every day such as one biscuit with your tea instead of the usual slice of cake.
- Don’t be too strict – Don’t be too strict on yourself when you have an occasional slip up. Changes need to be made with the most positive mindset. Just because you’ve broken dry January already doesn’t mean you’ve failed for the rest of the year. You can still drink less than you usually would and feel better about it.
Whatever your new year’s resolutions are make sure you follow the above 5 steps to help you reach your target. Let’s stick to those realistic goals and enjoy the rewards when we reach those mini targets and end results! Happy 2020!