for January, 2020
Here are some amazing concealers that are affordable at only £10.50 and under!
I love using these concealers to colour correct and at £4.00 each they are such a bargain! I love using the orange and green colour correctors depending on people’s skin tones.
This is another concealer that is great for dark circles. There are a few shades depending on your skin tone. It’s currently on sale for £3.75 and is usually £7.50, which is a great bargain!
There’s 24 shades in this concealer which is also full coverage. A little bit of product goes a long way.
Having won so many awards, I had to try these concealers out! There are 16 shades available and work well with their foundation too.
Available in 31 shades, here’s another great full coverage concealer. It’s creamy and blends really well.
You may have noticed your skin is drier than usual now that it’s winter. This is very common as the air is cold and dry and therefore evaporates the moisture from your skin quicker. There are some moisturisers that are better to use in winter compared to warmer months. You can then switch over to a different product during the hotter months.
Below are some tried and tested products that I would recommend using during the colder months to lock in that extra moisture.
This cream is thick enough to help dry winter skin but I definitely wouldn’t use it in summer as I find it too greasy and shiny, which can also cause spots when the skin is too oily. Perfect for winter though!
Even though this cream is more pricier than others it really does feel so good when you put it on. I love using this in winter as it has a creamy texture and makes skin so soft.
I used this as a go-to for a while and it really is great for dry skin as it has a creamy texture. It’s good to put this on at night too once you’ve cleansed your face.
I really feel like Aveeno saves my dry skin. I don’t use this in the day before applying makeup but I do love using it at night. Apply a generous layer once you’ve cleansed your skin before bed. You’ll notice when you wake up that your skin feels a lot better.
This cream is great for dry skin as it retains water in the skin. I also find this cream lightweight enough to use in warmer months too as it’s not greasy. So it’s a great moisturiser for all year round!
Other tips for dry skin
- Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated
- Use a humidifier to add moisture into the air. This also helps with colds.
- Try some of these DIY face masks
Happy new year everyone! Hope you have a wonderful year ahead.
So have you got any new year’s resolutions this year or are you fed up of breaking them all the time that you’re not bothering this time round?
Often people decide to make drastic changes such as lose 2 stone in a month, eat no carbs, exercise everyday, drink no alcohol, etc. Sometimes these changes can be unrealistic to meet so it makes you feel worse when you don’t meet them. I’m going to be discussing ways you can be sure to stick to your new year’s resolutions to help you reach your goals and feel better.
- Choosing your resolutions – Sometimes you might have quite a few things you want to change but putting a lot of pressure on yourself will begin to backfire. Identify the most important things to focus on and try to accomplish those first. You can even split the year in two so focus on one thing for 6 months and then move on to the next later in the year depending on what it is you are trying to achieve.
- Keep resolutions realistic – By setting realistic goals it will be easier to achieve and you’ll feel so good when you reach your goal rather than feeling guilty and disappointed when you don’t reach something unrealistic.
- Set mini targets – When you set mini targets you will feel rewarded each time you meet them. This will make you feel more positive compared to just setting your main goal. For example, if you want to lose a stone you can aim to lose 1-1.5 pounds each week.
- Reward yourself – Rewards really help you to continue to your end goal but if misused can also undo all your hard work so make sure you are strict with rewards. If you want to eat healthy but your reward is a whole day worth of bingeing, then you’re just eating more than the calories you saved on all week! Instead of having a cheat day once a week, maybe have a cheat meal once a week or you could even have a small treat every day such as one biscuit with your tea instead of the usual slice of cake.
- Don’t be too strict – Don’t be too strict on yourself when you have an occasional slip up. Changes need to be made with the most positive mindset. Just because you’ve broken dry January already doesn’t mean you’ve failed for the rest of the year. You can still drink less than you usually would and feel better about it.
Whatever your new year’s resolutions are make sure you follow the above 5 steps to help you reach your target. Let’s stick to those realistic goals and enjoy the rewards when we reach those mini targets and end results! Happy 2020!